1. What condiments are always, always in your fridge?
All the usual – mustard, ketchup, mayo, etc. I do not like ketchup though. That is for Ben.
2. How do you like your steak cooked? Your burgers?
Burgers, medium well and steak, medium
3. What’s your favorite use for fresh tomatoes?
Caprese Salad. So simple. Layer tomato with some sea salt on it, mozzerella, basil and repeat. Then drizzle on balsamic vingear over top. YUMMY!
4. What’s your go-to dinner when you haven’t planned anything in advance and you don’t feel like going out?
Usually some sort of one dish meal. When I haven’t planned anything I tend to either make Athenian Orzo or Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp over Jasmine Rice. I tend to always have the ingredients on hand and they are good.
5. What’s your favorite snack food lately?
I really like Jell-o Banana Fudge Pudding Cups.
6. What’s your favorite weekend breakfast to make at home?
Sunny side up eggs with toast and OJ.
7. What’s your favorite thing to grill? How do you do it?
Ben’s famous burgers. haha. That’s not what they are called but everyone knows Ben can make a mean burger. We found a great recipe in a cookbook we bought called Mastering the Grill for smoked gouda burgers and they are seriously good. Ben is the grill master so he always grills anything. He can get a steak done perfectly to your order. Just one more thing I love about him. 🙂
8. What’s your favorite wine for under $10? If you’re not a wine person, what brand of beer is your favorite?
Greg Norman wines are always good for under $10. Layer Cake Malbec is one of my favorites but is over $10 but worth the price. I hate getting wine over $10 but when I know I am going to get something good than it becomes worth it. I have tried too many wines under $10 that I couldn’t even stand to drink so I will buy for reliability.
9. Give us your most delicious cocktail recipe.
Ek. Um. Ben makes a great margarita in which the key is a splash of grand marnier and a bit of sugar. At least I think that is the key. He always makes it so I can’t be sure. 🙂 I love a good mojito in the summer time too. I make it pretty simple. You muddle mint in the bottom of a glass, add ice, simple syrup, gin, club soda and garnish with lime. I have heard that making simple syrup with mint makes it really good. Still haven’t tried it though.
10. How do you like your eggs?
Sunny side up.
And since a post isn’t any good without a photo. Here is a picture I took yesterday of Lexi sunning herself outside. She is sniffing the air which is why she is making that face. I was outside moving some things around so don’t mind all of the distractions behind her. 🙂