I am starting a new feature on the site every week. As part of my 101 in 1001 goals (more on those soon) I want to blog more. I figure starting a simple question and answer section is a great way to accomplish that. I get the questions from this website. Feel free to leave a comment with your own questions and I will be sure to answer them in future ten on tuesday posts. Now onto this week’s questions….
1. How did your parents decide on your name?
I am sure my parents have told me this but I can’t remember! Maybe my mom will comment and tell me. I do know that if I was a boy my name would have been Adam. I like to think Samantha was because of Bewitched but I am not sure that is true. 🙂 I know my sister’s name, Ashley, came from the girlfriend of Fonzie on Happy Days.
2. Do your initials (First, Middle, Last) spell out anything fun/funny?
SEC are my maiden name initials. They don’t spell anything except for the abbreviation of second. 🙂 My brother and I have the same initials which I thought was neat when I was younger. My initials now are SEV or SVW (which is what Ben always uses…which I think is weird. 🙂 ). So now they really don’t spell anything.
3. Did you take your middle name from childhood or did you take your maiden name as your middle name? (If unmarried, what do you plan to do?)
I kept my middle name from childhood. Erin is my middle name.
4. Are you or will you name your children thematically (ie. same first letter, all of same origin…)
No we won’t do that. At least not intentionally.
5. Did you decide on baby names as a little girl? Did you stick to them or change your mind?
I do have a few baby names from when I was a little girl that I still like. We’ll see if I stick to them or not. It’s hard because when I was little I didn’t know what my married name would be and now I am not sure it works with Van Wagner.
6. Does your family have any names that have been passed down through generations?
Um, not that I am really aware of. My dad is named after his dad but he isn’t a junior since his middle name is different.
7. Do you look at the meaning of the name or just the name itself?
A little of both. I like the meaning of my name. It means Listener.
8. Do you name pets with human names (Sally, Henry) or with pet names (Fluffy, Mr. Bo Bo)?
I guess human names but I am not tied to that idea. Lexi is obviously a human name.
9. Are there any names that you have an affinity or dislike for based on a childhood experience/someone you once knew?
Sure. None off the top of my head but I am sure when the time comes to name our children I will voice opinions based on childhood experiences, etc. I think it is hard not to do that.
10. What are some of your favorite names? Why?
I like Alyssa, Charlotte, Madison. Not sure why. I tend to think of girls names I like verses boy names. Though I do know I like strong and simple boy names like Paul, Matt, Ryan. I am not tying myself to any of these names though. 🙂
That was fun! Hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little better. I’d love to hear some of your answers to these questions. Leave them in the comments or send me the link to your own post.